Success!!!

StrandgecK

n00b
I just successfully unlocked my 2000+, it's running at 190x9.0 1.8 vcore. Not a super huge improvment I was expecting when I started but still not to bad.

I used a rear defroster repair kit, super glue, and tape to close the leads. I was so sure I would mess it up and break the cpu (wouldnt be the first time) but it worked!!

is it wrong to be absolutely giddy over this?!@#$ :D :D :D :D :D

Good Job. I'd probably be that excited too if it was my first time unlocking a chip.

ok now I need some advice... it's not as stable as I thought at 190x9, it fails prime95 after a little bit. 190x8.5 however seems to be ok.

I've tried just about every possible fsb/multiplier setting, and anything that makes the total clock frequency above 1600~ fails prime95, any ideas or is it just the limit of this CPU ?

Might be. How hot is our CPU? If you're still comfortable with the temps you might want to raise the voltage another .25 volts.

well i think its your cpu that is holding u back, and to me its your bottleneck. try 166x10/10.5/11, i used to have a 2400+ that wouldn't go over 176fsb, and i don't think its your voltage neither, mobile xp 2400+ is only 76$ on newegg its just a barton with a high quality die

well i think its your cpu that is holding u back, and to me its your bottleneck. try 166x10/10.5/11, i used to have a 2400+ that wouldn't go over 176fsb, and i don't think its your voltage neither, mobile xp 2400+ is only 76$ on newegg its just a barton with a high quality die, with my system i noticed that at the limit of my cpu, it can run 2.48g at 225fsb and fails to run at 2.45g/ 233fsb but runs at 2.33g/ 233fsb

well I picked up a valcano 11+ today. but now I have a new problem, if I totally cut power to the computer (either from the switch on the back, or turning off the power strip) the computer wont post unless I reset the bios and set the jumpers to 100mhz (doing just one or the either doesnt work). Works fine though as long as I dont totally cut power....wtf?

That is going to be a motherboard issue.

Try to flash your bios and see if it improves it.

Back