Subwoofer suggestions

Considered building it yourself, or maybe a "kit" from the Dayton lineup? Go for WAY more sub than you think you'll need. You can always turn it down.
 
I have a set of the P6-PR book shelf speakers from TSC, and am considering the ASW-8 or 10 to compliment them.
I was cautious about trying them out as I had not heard of them. I have been VERY impressed with the speakers. The transaction ran through amazon instead of with TSC. Added measure of security I guess. I was interested in the trial period they offer on their products. Order it try it out if you don't like it return it for free. Can't beat that with a stick.
TSC was a nice surprise to deal with, great products, good price, trial period. I am a pleased customer of theirs. Please update with your impressions which ever you choose.
 
On a post on avsforum, Jon Lane (president) stated that he was replacing the entire line of products. I'm guessing that includes the Asub, which should mean that it will be upgraded to include a passive radiator (a good thing) but it will be more expensive than the last version. Either way, best to call him yourself if you really want to know. I have btw and he does answer the phone himself.
 
I just picked up a Reel Acoustics RSS-8 sub in perfect condition for $40 on kijiji . It's a pretty decent entry-level sub -- it's part of the RS-1 5.1 setup one review called the best home theatre speaker system under $1000. It has high and low level inputs, adjustable volume and crossover freq, and the Reel-to-Reel sub output so you can daisy-chain multiple subs. At any rate, I feel I got decent bang for my buck :D
 
Back
Top