Subtitles: Is it possible to extract one language from a file w/ multiple languages??

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
I am trying to watch a movie file (divx) on my dvd player, which supports divx, xvid, etc. avi files. If I just burn a divx file onto a cd or dvd, it plays perfectly. however, now i am trying to get subtitles working for a foreign video. I have an avi file, a .idx file, and a .sub file. All have the same name except for the extensions of course. On my computer, when I play the avi file, I can select english 1, english 2, korean 1, korean 2 via the vobsub icon in the bottom right corner of my screen. However, I burned the three files on a disc and played it in my dvd player, and it only allows me to view korean subtitles. if i press the subtitle button on my remote control, it lets me switch between 'no subtitles' and 'korean.' that's it.

so im thinking, for some reason korean must somehow be default in those damn idx and sub files. is there a way for me to extract the english subtitles ONLY, from the .sub and .idx files, and make new .sub and .idx files that don't even contain the korean subtitles? or is there some other way to get english subs showing on my dvd player?

thanks!!

Back