• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sub/Amp for computer speakers

Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
32
I've been sporting a Klipsch Promedia v2 400 set since '99. Unfortunately, the sub/amp got fried in an electrical storm (surge protector did not save them, alas). I tested the 4 satellites and they're still working perfectly. They use standard 1/8" mini-jack connectors.

What I'm looking for would be something to replace the sub-amp combo unit. Preferably something small and simple, but with great audio quality. I don't need home theater power levels since these will be computer speakers. I was thinking perhaps I could get a 5.1 supporting amp and add a center channel speaker to the mix.

I believe the original subwoofer was 160 watts (RMS).

Recommendations, please!
 
Ive never heard of a non-proprietary sub/amp combo, let alone one that will work with your klipsch satelites...

I would just get a new set of promedias. There's no point in trying to salvage those tiny satelites really.
 
Check the fuse first. Replace it if it's burned.

You could get some small T-Amps from parts-express and a separate subwoofer, but the package setup (speakers, sub & t-amps) won't be as condensed.

A new sub is going to cost at least $130 though, so you will probably end up just buying a whole new setup.
 
Satellites are working perfectly and use standard 1/8 mini jack connectors.

I might have Elliot repair the sub. We'll see.
 
Back
Top