Sub $500 build

Motox502

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
58
Need to build a comp for a friend. Needs to be sub $500. I need the tower, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Comp will pretty much just be a web surfer and Quickbooks machine for his business. So I'm thinkin onboard gfx and a pretty good proc. Throw some builds at me.

Thanks.
 

Good Build, except...

One small problem: the Earthwatts "D" series are made by Delta. Antec started the series on Seasonic, then when they expanded their offerings they switched to Delta to save money. I'm not sure if we can recommend these powersupplies any longer.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=PSU_manufacturers

I would recommend this Seasonic 80plus 300w instead ($45 shipped)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...6&cm_re=seasonic_power-_-17-151-086-_-Product

It's too bad they switched, I really like my original Earthwatts. Unfortunately, all the reviews of the line done previously have no bearing, and nobody has bothered to perform an in-depth technical teardown of the new units yet. the only original unit still for sale on Newegg is the 500w model, which is unfortunately out of the OP's price range :(
 
Last edited:
No problems at all. The have been made by delta (430, 500) for about 2 years now :)

I purchased a EA500 about last feb, and it too was a delta.
 
No problems at all. The have been made by delta (430, 500) for about 2 years now :)

I purchased a EA500 about last feb, and it too was a delta.

Huh, I thought this was a recent thing. I think I'm going to do a little more digging before I let this drop, but for now I guess we continue recommending them :)
 
Pretty much all the Antec Earthwatt line of PSU are now D(Delta) series

Antec EA380D
Antec EA430D
Antec EA500D (The Antec EA500 on NewEgg is misleading. It's now the Delta line. Best Buy also carries this same power supply and it to is the EA500D written on the box.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top