• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sub $200 Folding Box...

Trepidati0n

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
9,269
Not sure if people here have seen this but dell is running a deal on PCs for $200 a complete box with OS (see Hot Deals section). For people who don't want to go to unix land to do this cheap...here is a nice option.

2.4 GHz celery, 256MB Ram, 80GB HDD, CD-rom, XP Home, etc. Build farm for cheap...

-tReP
 
Decent deal, but would you want to leave a cheap Dell at 100% utilization constantly? I've heard that the ventilation and cooling systems aren't exactly top quality.
 
I've had about 27 Dells folding 9/5 for about 1.5 years with no problems, and about 8 folding 24/7 for a couple months with no problems. They do blow out some warm/hot air, but I don't think it'll hurt them.

Oldbenwa
 
I've burned in standard Dells for about 5 years. The only problem I've had was about 3 years ago when they had a bad bunch of drives in their 866's and I replaced a bunch under warranty.
I had a PC Limited 286 for about 6 years, it kept on crankin'.
 
Trepidati0n said:
Not sure if people here have seen this but dell is running a deal on PCs for $200 a complete box with OS (see Hot Deals section). For people who don't want to go to unix land to do this cheap...here is a nice option.

2.4 GHz celery, 256MB Ram, 80GB HDD, CD-rom, XP Home, etc. Build farm for cheap...

-tReP

I cant find it. Do you have a link?
 
Back
Top