sub $100 mATX?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,345
I'm using a $20 case right now and well you know... you get what you pay for! I only use 1 DVD burner, 3 hard drives and 1 SSD. I'm looking for a case as small as I can get while still having good air flow. I primarily care about a near silent machine. I've been slowly upgrading and moving away from what used to be an HTPC. I recently pulled the ITX board and put an Intel P55 mATX board in and still have the old radeon 4550 low profile/silent card while I wait for the right price on a video card. I wont be going high end on the video card since I'll never drop over $150 on video.

I thought I'd come ask you guys for a shortlist for a good place to start looking.

I7-860 stock speeds, stock cooler.. will be putting in a bigger HSF in eventually but all I do on this machine is homework right now so stability is of course top priority hence the intel mobo and stock speed.
 
These are the mATX cases I'd recommend

Silverstone TJ08-E - $99
Silverstone PS07 - $79
Lian Li A04 - $99
Lian Li A05 - $89
Fractal Design Arc Mini/Midi - $99 (though the R3 are $10 more)
 
thanks, the lian li's were the only ones I've actually checked out so far because well... lian li is always good. I'll have to check the other 3 you listed out. I haven't checked on corsair yet either.
 
Back
Top