• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stuttering in LotR

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
4,958
I have a 3870 and in LotRO it sometimes stutters, ATI Tray Tools says I am consistently running 30+ FPS, but I still get stuttering. Is this an issue with my vid card or something else?
 
It is the game engine, more specifically how it streams textures. We have been complaining to Turbine since launch about this and it has only gotten maringally better. I will say that since I buiilt the rig in my sig it is greatly reduced, but you will still feel it on occaission. There is a good thread in the Video section of the LOTRO forums that will help you greatly reduce it, I'd link it but can't get to it from work.
 
Back
Top