Squeakeasy
n00b
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2012
- Messages
- 3
Hi chaps/chapesses
I have an analogue 7.1 speaker setup - all seems to work correctly but there is one thing which bugs me because I don't understand it.
When I play an mp3 using Winamp the audio uses all of the speakers. If I play the same with Windows Media player it uses the centre speakers/2.1 only. A limitation of windows media or have I missed something? The speakers are all configured correctly in win 7 and the asus xonar ds and I've also installed the k-lite codec pack for good measure!
I have an analogue 7.1 speaker setup - all seems to work correctly but there is one thing which bugs me because I don't understand it.
When I play an mp3 using Winamp the audio uses all of the speakers. If I play the same with Windows Media player it uses the centre speakers/2.1 only. A limitation of windows media or have I missed something? The speakers are all configured correctly in win 7 and the asus xonar ds and I've also installed the k-lite codec pack for good measure!