Stupid Motorola Vu204

So, here's the deal:

The owner of our company is an old Italian guy, he does not do technology. So, of course he has a Motorola Vu204. This phone is garbage...Really, I mean like straight out of 1998.

Anyways, he really wants the Godfather theme song as his ring tone. But, as you probably know Verizon blocks out Motorola Phone Tools access to the phone for transfers...awesome Verizon, way to be!

I have the MP3 and I've used Audacity to edit it down below the MMS limits. I used my phone to send the file to his phone...worked great. Except, there is no way to set the song as a ring tone. I can play the song, save the song, replay the song...no ring tone option.

Supposedly on the other cheap Motorola phones there is an option to 'Save as ring tone', sadly no such luck with this one.

Does anyone have any suggestions here?!

So, here's the deal:

The owner of our company is an old Italian guy, he does not do technology. So, of course he has a Motorola Vu204. This phone is garbage...Really, I mean like straight out of 1998.

Anyways, he really wants the Godfather theme song as his ring tone. But, as you probably know Verizon blocks out Motorola Phone Tools access to the phone for transfers...awesome Verizon, way to be!

I have the MP3 and I've used Audacity to edit it down below the MMS limits. I used my phone to send the file to his phone...worked great. Except, there is no way to set the song as a ring tone. I can play the song, save the song, replay the song...no ring tone option.

Supposedly on the other cheap Motorola phones there is an option to 'Save as ring tone', sadly no such luck with this one.

Does anyone have any suggestions here?!

Umm......... you can download it for 1.99 directly from Verizon. I did for my brotherinlaw. Oh and is it the fact that he is Italian or old that makes his decision to buy the U204 worse? Finally the U204 is a 2 year old design and relativley high tech for a " simple phone" There is a very large portion of the population that think that you and I are "intellectually challenged" for the smart phones we might have. It is all a matter of perspective. The "simple phone user" still makes up a very large portion of the population.

Just my .02

Umm......... you can download it for 1.99 directly from Verizon. I did for my brotherinlaw. Oh and is it the fact that he is Italian or old that makes his decision to buy the U204 worse? Finally the U204 is a 2 year old design and relativley high tech for a " simple phone" There is a very large portion of the population that think that you and I are "intellectually challenged" for the smart phones we might have. It is all a matter of perspective. The "simple phone user" still makes up a very large portion of the population.

Just my .02

A: Verizon didn't have it. Or, if they did, I could not find it.

B: It's not the decision to buy the U204 that's bad, it's not even his lack of technical understanding, but it does make it frustrating to work on.

C: The old Italian reference was more to explain his preference of ring tone than anything.

Cool. It was late and comprehension was a challenge. Go to the movie themes section in get it now You will find it there. You download... ,mod tones first from VZ via get it now if memory serves. GOOD LUCK

Back