Stupid Intel Extreme crap

aerithchylde

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
127
OK, so I have disabled the Intel card in the Hardware Manager and removed the Intel drivers. No problem, but Windows starts back up and it locates the stupid hardware device.
I close it and there doesn't appear to be any issues, but one or two restarts later and its been reactivated and the drivers re-installed.

So I check the BIOS. There are two options ON, or Auto, and it is set to auto.

Currently my monitor is plugged into the 9250 PCI card that I purchased so that I can at least game on this machine.

This is a Dell 3200 or something like that.

How do I keep Windows XP from seeing that craptastic Intel card and take back those precious little resources?
 
There's no way to keep windows from recognizing integrated graphics since it's, well, integrated. So long as you have the auto on in the BIOS, don't worry about it. It's not taking away anything you will miss.
 
hmmm, i think you can do this,

go to C:\windows\Driver Cache\i386\

find the file driver.cab, and rename it to driver.old or something. Uninstall your intel graphics and now try it.

if it hoses your windows installation, don't yell at me though. But it worked fine for me when i had an aureal soundcard and microsoft now provides drivers for those.
 
Back
Top