Stupid Facebook User of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you live in a country where you can be caned for stupid crap like this, you should probably make sure the lady you talked smack about isn't on your friends list. :rolleyes:

The 17-year-old reportedly took a photo of a woman with his cell phone camera, posted it on the social networking website and called her a prostitute in the caption, according to The Herald Newspaper. The woman, who did not know she was photographed but is a Facebook friend of the boy, saw the post online and called the police.

Personally, I think we ought to have criminal laws against insults like this and caning as a punishment for it. It would certainly result in a much nicer society.

Article said:
The boy...was convicted of "criminal insult" and will receive two strokes of a cane...

Criminal insult?! Wow. Just wow.

I think its brilliant. If we had something like this rather than juvie we would have more responsible adults.

I think its brilliant. If we had something like this rather than juvie we would have more responsible adults.
And it is responsible as adults for beating a kid because he called someone a name, on the internet, on facebook. :rolleyes:

Third world countries and their physical punishment for people so young. :mad:

Hes 17. This whole idea that the day we turn 18 we are magically adults and all of a sudden know the difference between right and wrong is stupid. He knew what he was doing was wrong.

So how is this different then people posting pictures of famous people/politicians and calling them names? Surely that would deserve a more severe punishment then some random lady?

Personally, I think we ought to have criminal laws against insults like this and caning as a punishment for it. It would certainly result in a much nicer society.

Yep because when I think of Africa I think of a nice soceity and responsible adults, not the shithole it actually is.

Eh, take a look at what you just wrote, then go look at a society that actually uses caning....

Africa is a shithole, and i would prefer we not adopt their punishment systems.

Everything about this is just stupid not just the kid.

Kid posting that on facebook stupid.
Girl getting upset about something on facebook stupid.
Caning as punishment stupid.
Criminal insult stupid.

^I agree with all the above... except about the caning... but if taken to caning as a punishment that the court orders.... then yes... it's stupid.

Hes 17. This whole idea that the day we turn 18 we are magically adults and all of a sudden know the difference between right and wrong is stupid. He knew what he was doing was wrong.

Agreed. Maybe that's what we could do to stop bullying here. If you don't understand that statement, then you don't have kids (or you don't remember being a kid). It's vicious and I'm sure that public caning would put an end to it real quick.

And it is responsible as adults for beating a kid because he called someone a name, on the internet, on facebook. :rolleyes:
1. He's not a child. He is 17.
2. You are publishing a lie about someone and that is libel. There are laws for that even here.
3. I'm pretty sure you are old enough to understand the above two statements, so I wonder why you commented like you did.

Have to laugh at the 'Americans' getting all uptight about this.
Just look at your own laws, teens registered as sex offenders for taking photos of themselves naked,
yea, no problems there.

Everything about this is just stupid not just the kid.

Kid posting that on facebook stupid.
Girl getting upset about something on facebook stupid.
Caning as punishment stupid.
Criminal insult stupid.

Acceptance of and, even expected, ill mannered name calling on the intarwebs STUPID.

American laws are the only laws acceptable. All others are formed by horrible dictator regimes.

We need laws like this. I would like to be caned but I get to pick who's doing it. Like...Megan Fox.....

I'd be bad every day.......:D

America needs more caning. Its amazing how the threat of physical pain can change someones mind about doing something retarded. 973x more effective than "You bad person, you get 2 hours of community service, that will teach you".

Few people here are considering that it might be possible that getting accused of being a prostitute in Zimbabwe means really bad things for that female.

Only on the surface, underneath it would be full of hate. Control freak.

what's the big deal...rush limbaugh pretty much called every woman that wants insurance companies to cover contraceptives prostitutes

America needs more caning. Its amazing how the threat of physical pain can change someones mind about doing something retarded. 973x more effective than "You bad person, you get 2 hours of community service, that will teach you".

I'd take 2 can hits over 2 hours of community service any day of the week. Physical pain is a bad motivator or demotivator. Not saying community service is a good method for punishment either.

what's the big deal...rush limbaugh pretty much called every woman that wants insurance companies to cover contraceptives prostitutes

Yup! Shock jocks get away with libel all the time. Interesting how the FCC limits which words you can say, but not if you call people names or insinuate bad things about a person. And they all do it, it just isn't one side/person. Makes me sick.:mad:

Yup! Shock jocks get away with libel all the time. Interesting how the FCC limits which words you can say, but not if you call people names or insinuate bad things about a person. And they all do it, it just isn't one side/person. Makes me sick.:mad:
So you're against freedom of speech? :rolleyes:

[QUOTECaning is an accepted form of punishment in Zimbabwe, especially for children, and is often used as a discipline method in schools.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...acebook-post-article-1.1025801#ixzz1oYKsqkLF][/QUOTE]

LOL...maybe our schools wouldn't have kids shooting each other if we just instituted caning...

Free speech is already gone in America, just look at Mark Byron and what he has to go through...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-02-23/facebook-apology-divorce-jail/53221786/1 :mad:

American laws are the only laws acceptable. All others are formed by horrible dictator regimes.

LOL, oh yeah, because we don't have a horrible dictator regime at all, that's why everyone follows the constitution... oh wait. :rolleyes:

Back