• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

stupid customers

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
7,408
Went to a customer's house to setup a new machine I had built for them.

I unplug the old system, and lay all the cables out.
I see a USB cord with one of those USB to ps/2 green convertors on it for a mouse.
No big deal, until I saw it was connected to the priner!
And they said it worked!!! A printer on the ps/2 port? Say it aint so!!!
 
It could work... but in reality, it shouldn't have. How would the driver know to go through the PS/2 port? I don't doubt that it worked, honestly, I just have no idea how. It shouldn't be possible.


Out of curiosity, what was the data transfer rate? :p
 
3waysplit: Neither one of those items will connect the printer the way it was.

It's a USB printer that was connected to the ps/2 port. Not a ps/2 printer connected to the USB port (as your first pic shows). Not an LPT printer connected to the USB port (as your 2nd pic shows). It was a USB printer connected to the ps/2 port.
 
Go back and hook up the old system again and try it. You'll never rest until you do, and you know it :).
 
It is possible that the customer was able to correctly set up the ports to make it work.

BTW, why was it not plugged into USB and why was a PS/2 socket open?
 
Back
Top