Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've heard of some pretty damn stupid crimes before but this one takes the cake...or "package" as the case may be. What kind of idiot delivers a package and then has his friend jump out of the same van and steal it back?

The couple called Amazon, and later the delivery man and an Amazon employee showed up return the package, and apologize. “He came clean and said that the other gentleman was paying him $50 a day to do a ride along and steal packages so we weren’t the only ones who were targeted,” the husband said. Amazon told CBS 2 in a statement that the driver has been fired.

rCJhLY6.jpg

Tho concept of leaving a package on your doorstep is utterly foreign here in Sweden, door deliveries are only delivered if you are there to sign for it, or it is delivered to a pickup point.

Tho concept of leaving a package on your doorstep is utterly foreign here in Sweden, door deliveries are only delivered if you are there to sign for it, or it is delivered to a pickup point.

That's because real Swedes are honest people.

$50 a day to do a ride along and steal packages?

Deserves to not only be fired, but prosecuted for being so stupid.

Actually I have been wondering for years why I never heard of a team following the big brown trucks and reporting addresses to a second vehicle to do the dirty work of grabbing the packages. Go even farther and rotate vehicles so before too many stops each "pick up" vehicle is "retired" for the day and replaced by a fresh one.

Make sure before you go for the packages you target any security cams with a laser (y)

I can't help it, I have an evil mind :shifty:

/2 accused of tailing Amazon truck, stealing just-delivered packages

Aww, and I thought I was so original, my way would have been better, I wouldn't have got caught. I'd play Mission Impossible music the whole time.

Last edited:

That was one thing i was yet amazed about.
UPS delivered me 2 new monitors and just put them by my house. two houses down the road it was all nee housesto be builf so plenty of construction workers ETC there all day to see it.
No package for me when i got home from work. :(

If the guy who's going to steal the package is riding in your van, I don't understand the motive for dropping the package off. Are Amazon drivers required to take a picture of the package in the location where it got dropped off? Or a GPS location gets taken?

Amazon delivers dog food and treats in a nondescript box every couple of months to my house that's in a less than perfect neighborhood. Not one of the deliveries has been stolen. Maybe the thieves are too afraid to walk over the broken bottles on the sidewalk to get to my house.

At least it makes it to your door. My regular USPS driver is so lazy packages are left on top of the mailbox. If they are too big they get tossed on the ground in the mud. The driver that covers occasionally for the regular guy is a bit better. He actually turns into my driveway leans out the window of his car then throws the packages towards the door.

And at least in the case of the couple that reported it, it was a frickin box of FABRIC SOFTENER!

Oh yeah, great black market re-sale potential on that. Gonna be a millionaire in no time with my shady laundry product resale bidness!

So when do they deliver package, at night when everybody is home? How are you supposed to sign for something if you work from 8am-5pm?

Interesting info Evilsofa. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, like they are using the Tide to make some drug, but it seems it just is not any more complicated then it looks.

Back