Stupid Criminal of the Day: Selfie Edition

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wonder if they will let this kid take a selfie in the electric chair?

A selfie of a suspect with a dead victim is a first for county District Attorney John Peck, who has been a prosecutor for more than 30 years. “I've never seen it before,” Peck said, “but it was a key piece of evidence that led investigators to the defendant.”

This just goes to show you the danger selfies and snapchat pose to our society. When will these dangerous technologies finally be outlawed? Won't someone think of the children?

Just kind of wish they didn't report this crap on the news, because other people are bound to do something this stupid as well.

It was like the early smart phone thefts, very easy to track... then all of the news stories of tracking, now criminals took notice, remove batteries, format, etc,

Just be thankful that it was a black kid murdering a white kid and not the other way around, otherwise it'd be hell trying to get to work again and we'd hear nothing else on the news for the next week.

BTW, is it just me, or if Obama had a son, he would look more like Maxwell than Trayvon? ;)

Just kind of wish they didn't report this crap on the news, because other people are bound to do something this stupid as well.

It was like the early smart phone thefts, very easy to track... then all of the news stories of tracking, now criminals took notice, remove batteries, format, etc,

Trust me, it wont make a difference. People in our generation are just that stupid and narcissistic. Facebook is already a pretty good crime fighting tool, and it has been for a number of years. A lot of criminals are, fortunately, just not that bright.

Technology, allowing stupid criminals new and unusual ways of outing themselves.

Selfies with your victim. What a piece of shit.

Trust me, it wont make a difference. People in our generation are just that stupid and narcissistic. Facebook is already a pretty good crime fighting tool, and it has been for a number of years. A lot of criminals are, fortunately, just not that bright.
Lots yes, but it could be so much more.

Zap him in the chair with weak current videoing the whole thing. Revive him, show him what he looks like in the video before it gets posted on YouTube, video his reaction, then throw the switch with full power.

I guess he his going to get in on that class action law suit against snap chat huh?

Zap him in the chair with weak current videoing the whole thing. Revive him, show him what he looks like in the video before it gets posted on YouTube, video his reaction, then throw the switch with full power.

I can see the "Old people react to" video. :D

Unfortunately, the attention-whore in him would be delighted knowing that he would be on YouTube :(

These are the same dumbasses who share too much. Everyone is an attention slut.
Honestly, I think I need to move far away from society so I don't even have to yell at the kids to get off my lawn. I really can't stand the social media crowd. (As I sit here and type my comments...)

Technology has just given people new avenues to engage in their Darwin Award levels of stupidity ... selfies with the person you killed ... using stolen phones or computers to take pictures that get loaded to the cloud ... getting arrested for selling drugs and listing "drug dealer" as your profession on police arrest forms ... logging onto Farmville while on the run and having your account traced to your hideout ... doing check-ins while on the run after "liking" the local sheriff's page ... the technologically challenged have done it all (since all of those things have happened over the last few years) :D

Back