STUPID Company intranet.

Beanz996

n00b
You didn't let me explain. There is no admin for my company. I'm not working is a office enviroment. Theres only 3 computers in our office and another 10 for training purpose which just sit around 10months a year. I set the up the computers myself which my company own's which were donated by the third party company which isn't doing anything but letting us connect to their intranet. I don't have access out to the internet from their network.

I connect to the network from my company's own internet connection. I would get a raw connection if it was not for the settings of the third parties donated computers..

Yes, but someone somewhere has to have control of the computers. If you were the one who set them up, don't you have access to change the appropriate settings? If your company owns the computers then you should be able to do whatever you want with them, regardless of whatever the third party has on there.

ps. for the record, starting a new thread after the old one was locked is bad. The proper way to handle a situation like this is to pm the mod/admin who locked your thread.

Everything was pre-installed when we got it from dell so we wouldn't have to hire someone to do it for us. The only people that has admin rights are the previous trainers which are not with the company anymore.

I company doesn't have the budget to format every computer and i'm not going to waste my personal time to do it.

If the story is legitimate (and it sounds full of holes) then there are plenty of admin password hack tools out there. Not going to hand it to you on a platter because frankly I don't buy the story but a simple google search makes my opinion irrelevant anyway. Put some effort into it and get it done.

What makes the "company intranet" stupid? From reading this post, and the other one...it seems it's the lack of direction and communications that's the issue here. Both of which are quite easy to overcome... Well...usually.

I don't see where the config of the computers has anything to do with this either. You state your company has access to their network...OK..but you also state that you cannot get access to the internet from their network.

So based on that logic, of what you said, I would say no matter what you did to those PCs...you still don't have access to the internet. You have access to their network...yet their network will not allow you to the internet. Appears to be a dead end. Perhaps you have access to their network for something...data, training, Intranet stuff...fine.

But if your company piggybacks their network..and is not granted internet access...yet your company needs internet access...and your companies are separate...to me this sounds like a no brainer of "Guys...time to order up ourselves some internet". //call to local phone company.

I am all kinds of confused on this one. If it is your office, and your internet connection, short of making those machines VPN into the other company's intranet on boot, and setting the policy so they don't go anywhere other than the other company's intranet, I don't see what they are doing wrong.

Now, if you run your own network in your own office, setup a Wireless access point in your office, and use your laptop to connect to that. Either that or if you only have desktops, then set up your desktop that you normally work from in the training room, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Now if you "office" is physically within this other companies's offices (I.E. you are renting from them), then you need one of two things.

1. Talk to thier network admin, and get you a seperate VLAN, or network for your office.
2. Get your own Internet & Network for your office.

You might next time take a bit more time to explain, and double check what you are typing to make sure it makes sense to the rest of the world. If english isn't your primary language, not a big deal, make sure you over explain, if you need to use some of your own native language, someone here may understand that... I speak enough german to get in trouble..but I have worked with German Network Admins in the past between thier English and my German we were able to get things done.

Back