stuff just stopped working

[H]ard|Gawd
Vista 32bit OEM

So i go to bed everynight and leave AIM on and WMP minimized(no song is playing) so i wake up today as usual check some sites go afk for a few hours, come back just a few mins ago and bring WMP up as usual and attemp to play a song, then it tells me it can't and its as if i have no music or the file paths are wrong. so i check my drive where the music is, its all there, so i try to play a song w/winamp, doesn't work, no error, it just doesn't play.

so i then go check my audio settings, everything seems find, i can hear windows sounds and things on web sites fine. so then i check for windows updates and WMP updates, nothing, everything is up to date.

so then i go to the drive where the music is stored and run Steam since its on the same partition, just to see if maybe it was corrupt, nope, steam runs fine, BUT for some reason i have to unblock it from my firewall, which i never had to do before except for when i first installed it.

i've also tried restarting, doing an adware scan, i don't know what the deal is... the only change that was made to the PC was an automatic update for AIM6, but i doubt it has to do with the problem. if i can't fix this in an hour i'll install the old AIM, not update it and see if it works.

Back