Study Shows The Scale Of Twitter's Misogyny Problem

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here we go again. I don't know why they just don't do one big study to determine once and for all that people say and do stuff on the internet because they are anonymous. Another thing, is it "misogyny" if 50% of the people talking trash to women are actually women too?

During that short timeframe, the study found "10,000 explicitly aggressive and misogynistic tweets" directed at 6,500 users in the UK alone, TechCrunch reports. Internationally, there were more than 200,000 tweets using the same terms directed at 80,000 users. The study also claims about 50 percent of those abusive tweets were sent by women.

"The study also claims about 50 percent of those abusive tweets were sent by women."

lol woman hating on women not surprised!

So they figured out that half of the ass holes on Twitter are women?

And that's a surprise how?

And what is misogyny now? It's certainly not what it was, it seems to be any gender specific insult. Which is strange, since very few good insults aren't at least a little targeted.

Of course, when I call a man a dick head, it's because I think he's a dick head. When I call a woman a cow, it's because I hate all women. I guess. Whatever.

So they figured out that half of the ass holes on Twitter are women?

And that's a surprise how?

And what is misogyny now? It's certainly not what it was, it seems to be any gender specific insult. Which is strange, since very few good insults aren't at least a little targeted.

Of course, when I call a man a dick head, it's because I think he's a dick head. When I call a woman a cow, it's because I hate all women. I guess. Whatever.

Obviously. And if you think that new Ghostbusters movie looks like it's going to totally suck, you only think that because you can't stand the fact that it's an all woman cast challenging the patriarchy. There's no way you can't like this movie unless you hate all women and want to block female progress in Hollywood.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
Justin Trudeau (Canadian Prime Minister) made international headlines after he accidentally elbowed a lady in the boob, while getting physical with some other men.

Nobody cared that the men were grabbing each other, but they all lost their shit because a women was "sexually assaulted".

Justin Trudeau (Canadian Prime Minister) made international headlines after he accidentally elbowed a lady in the boob, while getting physical with some other men.

Nobody cared that the men were grabbing each other, but they all lost their shit because a women was "sexually assaulted".

I was sort of starting to get with the dude on the points he was making but he immediately went all in with the stupid. I want those minutes of my life back.

To be fair though, yes that whole elbowing thing was ridiculously stupid. Trudeau apologized a bunch of times for it because he's a pretty great guy, but the other guys wanted to make a political fiasco of it. From what I've heard it's been backfiring on the opposing party pretty bad.

Last edited:
just check out TL;DR on yourtube for some "telling it how it is" sense (for once!)!

bloody SJWs and feminists! (just a few groups that showcase the rising trend that is stupidity).

We need an iceage... and fast! Pity we're making the place hotter! DOH! haha

What's this triggering thing? I don't think it made it to Germany yet.

As for the article, I think more than anything, it just shows that Twitter is full of morons, and there's nothing worth reading on it (beyond the SpaceX updates of course).

What's this triggering thing? I don't think it made it to Germany yet.

As for the article, I think more than anything, it just shows that Twitter is full of morons, and there's nothing worth reading on it (beyond the SpaceX updates of course).
read up on trigglypuff and if you have a spare 40min, the Milo video that trigglypuff was triggered in is well worth it

Here we go again. I don't know why they just don't do one big study to determine once and for all that people say and do stuff on the internet because they are anonymous. Another thing, is it "misogyny" if 50% of the people talking trash to women are actually women too?
Yes, it is. Dictionaries are helpful sometimes.

Back