Hi,
I posted a while ago here looking for a pretty decent home setup. I ended up wanting to get a Klipsch Promedia Ultra kit and upgrading the left and right sats. Unfortunately, because I live in the UK I couldn't get that.
Now, I'm looking again...
I've noticed a whole load of good looking (and well spec'd) Studio Monitors that seem ideal for a slightly beefy PC audio setup (because a lot of them are active!)
The set I'm really looking into to build my setup is the Yamaha HM series. I'd like to get some HS80M's for the left and right channels (120W, 8" cones), the HS50M's (70W, 5" cones) for the rear channels and an HS10W (150W, 8" subwoofer) for the sub channel ...I'm not sure about the center channel yet.
How would I go about connecting these to my sound card? They're all active speakers with XLR and 1/4" connectors. I don't know if they each have 1/4" connectors (in which case I can just use adapters and plug them straight in to their port?) or if each pair has a 1/4" connector (if so could I use a Y-Splitter backwards to merge two channels?)
The other fundamental issue is that I don't know whether Studio Monitors are going to sound good? Can you please advise.
Thanks all.
I posted a while ago here looking for a pretty decent home setup. I ended up wanting to get a Klipsch Promedia Ultra kit and upgrading the left and right sats. Unfortunately, because I live in the UK I couldn't get that.
Now, I'm looking again...
I've noticed a whole load of good looking (and well spec'd) Studio Monitors that seem ideal for a slightly beefy PC audio setup (because a lot of them are active!)
The set I'm really looking into to build my setup is the Yamaha HM series. I'd like to get some HS80M's for the left and right channels (120W, 8" cones), the HS50M's (70W, 5" cones) for the rear channels and an HS10W (150W, 8" subwoofer) for the sub channel ...I'm not sure about the center channel yet.
How would I go about connecting these to my sound card? They're all active speakers with XLR and 1/4" connectors. I don't know if they each have 1/4" connectors (in which case I can just use adapters and plug them straight in to their port?) or if each pair has a 1/4" connector (if so could I use a Y-Splitter backwards to merge two channels?)
The other fundamental issue is that I don't know whether Studio Monitors are going to sound good? Can you please advise.
Thanks all.