• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Student Discounts

B

bostesseger69

Guest
Lets get a thread going dedicated to links to student discounts on websites, possibly get a mod to sticky this if it is popular enough. I'll post a few myself, and I'll add the ones everyone else contributes along the way to the main post. (I'm stealing some of these links from within the forums.) If any of these end up being shitty, just let me know. I'll fix them, or delete them as we go. For 90% of these, all you need to have is a .edu email address,

---Tech---

Dell

Free Microsoft Cert

Microsoft

Acer

Apple

Tiger Direct

Dell/Alienware

Amazon

Academic Superstore

Globe

---Vehicles---

Toyota

Ford

GM

---Travel/Vacation---

Amtrak

American Airlines

Smarter Travel - Student

Flights

---Multiple Type---

Discover CC

Student Bistro

Campus Tech

Academic Superstore

Amazon Student shipping

Student Universe

Student Rate

Edhance

Journey Ed

Student Buying Guide

Student Advantage
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Personally my favorite one I get EVERY MONTH is my T-Mobile student discount. Walk into the store and tell them you want to add a student discount. The guy asked for my school ID, and it took like 5 minutes after someone told me about it.

I get 15% OFF PER MONTH on my cell phone bills, which is about $9 per month total.

Besides that, damn... thanks , that is a lot of potential links to check out later (no time right now lol)


OHHHH another thing.

CHASE FREE STUDENT CHECKING -- chase just got rid of their free checking accounts (Feb 2011 they changed their pricing and rules on a lot of stuff that I always got free before)

I went to close my account last month, and even though I told her I already graduated, she said I could change my chase checking account to a Free Student Chase Checking Account and use that until I turn 25 years old. Just say you are "waiting to save money to go back to college" if you already graduated. ;)

Hope this helps someone, cheers and bump for a good thread!
 
That's a really interesting thread and I am definitely digging the sites! Thanks OP. personally I have used the Apple higher ed discounts in the past and ended up reselling the ipod they gave me - worked like a charm. I am also a member of studentrate and edhance - got the EVO deal on sprint with studentrate last summer and they gave me 23% off my bill at the time which was real sweet
 
I still get 23% off my bill from studentrate it's pretty sweet. I've booked a trip with smarter travel too which ened up being a pretty cheap vaca.
 
That's a really interesting thread and I am definitely digging the sites! Thanks OP. personally I have used the Apple higher ed discounts in the past and ended up reselling the ipod they gave me - worked like a charm. I am also a member of studentrate and edhance - got the EVO deal on sprint with studentrate last summer and they gave me 23% off my bill at the time which was real sweet

You're welcome. Shit, everyone needs to save a little skrilla to blow on #1 hookers #2 blow #3 alcohol #4 lawyers.

I still get 23% off my bill from studentrate it's pretty sweet. I've booked a trip with smarter travel too which ened up being a pretty cheap vaca.

Do share how you pulled this off?
 
Your welcome ladies and gents. Hopefully this helps some of you out. Also, thanks to those of you that have contributed. Keep on adding more of these things!!! Lets get as many of these things as possible going to try and help all of the H'ers out.
 
Thanks a bunch for student discount for sprint finally one thing going good for me on sprint since EVO reboot problem. though i also have $10 off on government job (which didn't required me to have email) so hopefully i'll get this one as i do have an active edu email.
 
Filling out that form doesn't sign me into any contract or anything right??

No filling out the form doesn't do anything but let a rep know you're interested in the deal. You don't have to proceed any further if you don't want, but someone will be contacting you if you fill it out.
 
No filling out the form doesn't do anything but let a rep know you're interested in the deal. You don't have to proceed any further if you don't want, but someone will be contacting you if you fill it out.

This, the only thing that may happen is the rep's will email you or call you if you leave a number.
 
This list of sites is great thanks op! I've used StudentRate and Student Universe before. I went to sign up for Edhance but the site wanted my credit card info and that sketched me out.
 
Do you have more info about the sprint deal?

New members to Sprint will get:

23% off their monthly bill
$50 Service Credit
$100 Mail in Rebate (with most phones)
Free Shipping
Waived activation fee
$25 rebate
free car charger

If you're an existing Sprint customer who is upgrading you get:
waived activation
23% off monthly bill
$20 rebate
free shipping

It says it all on the studentrate site
 
FYI in case anyone is interested in addition to the Sprint deal there's a Tmobile deal and an AT&T deal where you can get 10% off your monthly bill on the studentrate.com site
 
Back
Top