Stuck with Upgrade, need help

dalton

Weaksauce
Just acquired a new (read old) motherboard and I am stuck. Its a DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-DR Expert. I have it all hooked up and am getting no boot up. I can't seem to find the manual on their site. I have everything hooked up and had to get an adapter for the 8 pin CPU power to go from my 6 pin. I am thinking that this is the problem, but need some confirmation. The adapter is really a PCI-e 6 pin to 8 pin adapter and the plug is an 8 pin CPU power. Is there some other adapter that I can get or do I need to find a power supply that has the 8 pin plug. I currently have an FSP PS (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104953). Can someone confirm this is the problem and tell me how big of an idiot I am and that its really something simple I am missing? Thanks.

there should be 4 pin to 8 pin motherboard power adapters available at fry's or online.

i dont think you should connect pci-express six pin to your motherboard through a six pin to 8 pin adapter.

Consider yoruself lucky if there is no damage to the motherboard. Dont try to power it on anymore. Disconnect the six pin from your motherboard and dont try to power it back on until you use the correct 4 pin to 8 pin cable.

Back