Stuck Pixels gone??

noobtech

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
2,663
Alright, I got my two VX2025wm Viewsonics yesterday and the first one I plugged in and tested had 3 stuck pixels... today I tried the other one and it was perfect. I then swapped back to check the other one again and there are no more stuck pixels...

Is it normal for them to go away? I thought once stuck, always stuck. I am just thankful there are no dead pixels...

Anyone else experience this stuff? I love these two because there is no notice of banding compared to the Dell 2007wfp.
 
Is it normal for them to go away? I thought once stuck, always stuck. I am just thankful there are no dead pixels.

I believe it is not uncommon at all for stuck pixels to become fixed. Obviously there is a lot of rumor on what tactics work or not, but i've heard of numerous successes with a "Stuck Pixel Fixer" video. The stuck pixel video was popular with PSP users and essentially just flashed a solid red, green, and then blue screens in a loop to try and "wake up" the stuck pixels. I've also heard of successes with people turning their monitor off for about 15 minutes, applying gentle pressure (keyword: gentle) to the afflicted spot, turning on the LCD, and gently massaging the area for about 15-30 seconds. I've also heard of kiddies with their PSPs trying this, getting frustrated, pressing real hard and causing about 15+ stuck pixels to form as well. So once again, I stress GENTLE pressure if trying this method.

It all depends on the type of "Broken" pixel you have.

As far as I can recall, "Stuck pixels" (pixels that are clearly red, green, or blue) can be resolved through methods like the above. "Dead Pixels" (black) cannot be fixed. As for "White" pixels, I believe I read they're usually just stuck pixels (look closely for a tint in color), but I forget what was said about them.
 
Sweet, as far as I can tell it's all good to go... Too bad I can't say the same for the Dell... but i'll try to do that color cycling for a while.
 
I use to have a stuck green pixel and after about 6 months of normal use, it went away. :p

 
Venthos said:
I believe it is not uncommon at all for stuck pixels to become fixed. Obviously there is a lot of rumor on what tactics work or not, but i've heard of numerous successes with a "Stuck Pixel Fixer" video. The stuck pixel video was popular with PSP users and essentially just flashed a solid red, green, and then blue screens in a loop to try and "wake up" the stuck pixels. I've also heard of successes with people turning their monitor off for about 15 minutes, applying gentle pressure (keyword: gentle) to the afflicted spot, turning on the LCD, and gently massaging the area for about 15-30 seconds. I've also heard of kiddies with their PSPs trying this, getting frustrated, pressing real hard and causing about 15+ stuck pixels to form as well. So once again, I stress GENTLE pressure if trying this method.

It all depends on the type of "Broken" pixel you have.

As far as I can recall, "Stuck pixels" (pixels that are clearly red, green, or blue) can be resolved through methods like the above. "Dead Pixels" (black) cannot be fixed. As for "White" pixels, I believe I read they're usually just stuck pixels (look closely for a tint in color), but I forget what was said about them.

I had a stuck green pixel while in game. little light push on it and it fixed itself.
 
Back
Top