Stuck Pixel (Image)

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
This is what it looks like on white in the exact location on the following image (Bottom Center). The pixel is red on white, dark on darker colors, black on black. Return the monitor before the 14 days are up, or live with it and be glad it's not in the center?

stuckpix.png

Riftgarde said:
This is what it looks like on white in the exact location on the following image (Bottom Center). The pixel is red on white, dark on darker colors, black on black. Return the monitor before the 14 days are up, or live with it and be glad it's not in the center?

My guess is if you've made the effort to put a picture up about it then it will probably bug you if you keep it. If that is the case then return it and get another one.

I must have terrible eyesight. I don't see anything.

Looks like a screenshot to me, which won't display the pixel problems.

It's not a screenshot, it's a simulation. A 1680x1050 new image with a 1 pixel red dot. And by noobtech's reply, I guess I shouldn't be such a nit pick. :)

It's a red pixel just to the right of the center line, about 120 pixels from the bottom of the image.

It'd bug the hell out of me, too. Especially a bright red one. Ew.

offtone said:
It's a red pixel just to the right of the center line, about 120 pixels from the bottom of the image.

It'd bug the hell out of me, too. Especially a bright red one. Ew.

Ahah ok I totally see it now. The placement the stuck pixel is in would bug the hell out of me.

seriously, if it's not too much trouble... go ahead and return it. What monitor is this btw?

It's a Gateway FPD2185W. Got it at Bestbuy, still have 12 days to exchange it. Just worried about the whole jumping out of the frying pan into the fire thing. It's not stuck glowing red all the time, it darkens out in games pretty much.

A red pixel on white actually means there's two dead subpixels, green and blue. I think it's worth trying to get a replacement.

They usually won't replace it for just 1-2 dead pixels, usually 8 is the minimum, or around there.

Spoudazo said:
They usually won't replace it for just 1-2 dead pixels, usually 8 is the minimum, or around there.

I think that's Newegg's policy.. Just see if you can do a return and get the viewsonic 20" at newegg for $350 shipped... w00t :)

Link about the product on here...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026462&page=1&pp=20

Link for Newegg...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116381

I have two of them and they are both perfect. I definetly love them and so would you! :)

I'm going to exchange it.

The display unit is connected directly to the pc next to it. Think I'd get much grief at Best Buy requesting the replacement be swapped in it's place for a moment so I can check it with Dead Pixel Buddy? :D

I do so hate multiple return trips.

FusionXP said:
That's nothing, don't worry about it.

Try living with this...

I had a smaller one on my Dell 2405. I got it exchanged. What is it exactly? A dust mark behind the screen?

I got the replacement monitor, all is well now :D

They even let me take it out of the box and run dead pixel buddy on it before leaving the store.

Back