Stuck on 'Setup is starting' when installing hyper-v server 08 r2

tgabe213

2[H]4U
Originally posted in Virtual Computing forum...Now posting in here (closed other thread).

Has anyone else run in to this? I boot to the dvd, it prompts me to select my language, then it goes to this 'Setup is starting' screen. I sat like this for 11 hours over night. So I thought maybe my dvd was bad. Downloaded again from technet, and this time burned the DVD at the slowest speed I could, 8x. So now here's the second time I'm on this, and it's stuck at this screen again (30 min so far).

Does anyone have any ideas? This can't be normal, especially since the entire iso is only 1.6GB.

Grr. It has to be hardware related..I just made a USB drive bootable with the installation files, and it's doing the same thing. When I insert the install disc on my desktop, it's on the 'Setup is starting' screen only for a few seconds, then jumps to the next step.

What is there hardware related that can cause this?

Note: For whatever reason, prior to installing this, I have been unable to boot in to windows (which is what's currently installed on here). I acts like it's loading windows, then sits at a black screen for a while. I think it would eventually reboot itself. I just haven't touched it in a while.

SATA was set to IDE mode instead of AHCI....And with that..we boot right up and are installing now.

/slitwrists

Back