• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stuck. Need some advice.

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
3,423
Been doing a lot of reading about ZFS and Raid systems and their isn't a really good head to head comparison. I am thinking of building an appliance around 12 disks. I am not looking for a all in one.

I rather not mess with hacks I just want to use it and have it work. I am going to use it for NFS storage and that's it. Played around with OpenFiler and FreeNas 8 (even 2k8r2 NFS) and I kinda like FreeNas 8 but I haven't ran any real benchmarks and honestly I just need a NFS for my lab, I would like to have duplication to another device at a later date.

Should I stick with Hardware Raid IE Openfiler or go ZFS route?

I would love to see ZFS against raid 10 or 60
 
Back
Top