I just installed the Asus P5Q-PRO mobo using the onboard Realtek audio.
I am running 64-Bit Vista.
I have installed the latest drivers from asus / realtek.
Problem:
I went to play a MP3 and noticed it sounded horrible! After listening to it for a while it sounds like karaoke mode. The main singers voice is almost non existent and other sounds are much louder such as backup singer voices and the instrumentals.
This happens in every program: media player, winamp, games, even windows default sounds.
At first I thought I was stuck in karaoke mode, but this was not the case! The center channel sounds (and subwoofer, I believe these are tied together?) are very very faint, almost so you cant hear them at all!
If I move the BALANCE slider all the way to left or right then I can hear most sounds, a bit distorted, but the vocals and bass fill right in... The weird part is, if the balance is all the way to the left, the right side still plays! The left speaker just sounds slightly louder than the right and vice-versa.
When I set the balance to the center- like it should be, all voices, bass and other center channel sounds fade away. I just hear things like music / chatter and background sounds such as a far off explosion in a movie.
I have no idea how to fix this at this point. I am about to just buy creative X-FI & hope that it works in vista 64 well enough by now (I know how shitty their support for vista was at some point)
I am running 64-Bit Vista.
I have installed the latest drivers from asus / realtek.
Problem:
I went to play a MP3 and noticed it sounded horrible! After listening to it for a while it sounds like karaoke mode. The main singers voice is almost non existent and other sounds are much louder such as backup singer voices and the instrumentals.
This happens in every program: media player, winamp, games, even windows default sounds.
At first I thought I was stuck in karaoke mode, but this was not the case! The center channel sounds (and subwoofer, I believe these are tied together?) are very very faint, almost so you cant hear them at all!
If I move the BALANCE slider all the way to left or right then I can hear most sounds, a bit distorted, but the vocals and bass fill right in... The weird part is, if the balance is all the way to the left, the right side still plays! The left speaker just sounds slightly louder than the right and vice-versa.
When I set the balance to the center- like it should be, all voices, bass and other center channel sounds fade away. I just hear things like music / chatter and background sounds such as a far off explosion in a movie.
I have no idea how to fix this at this point. I am about to just buy creative X-FI & hope that it works in vista 64 well enough by now (I know how shitty their support for vista was at some point)