stuck freaking barb

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
OK, I got my aqua computers res in today, and it looks really cool, feels solid, I like it. HOWEVER, SNT lightly threaded the barbs on it already. One barb came off with hand unscrewing, no problem. The other barb, however, feels like it was misthreaded and inserted all the way. As in, I cant move it with a wrench, at all. Ive been wrestling with it for 10 minutes with no progress. can anyone help me?

Sometimes heat will help remove stuck bolts/fittings . *USE @ YOUR OWN RISK*
Do not heat the fitting ,heat what its screwed into. But if you have no torch or are worried about scewing it up send it back and get a new one.

coolroyboy said:
Sometimes heat will help remove stuck bolts/fittings . *USE @ YOUR OWN RISK*
Do not heat the fitting ,heat what its screwed into. But if you have no torch or are worried about scewing it up send it back and get a new one.

acutally thinking about that freezing will help. it will shrink both parts. thanks

shrinking might not help if the res shrinks more then the fitting and cold also makes metal brittle case in point the titanic heat would work the best

you should be able to get it out with a wrench just make sure you arent trying to hold the res in one hand and use the wrench with the other get some towels and put it in a vise or somthingand if you dont have one go to home depot or lowes and use the display :)

if it was improperly threaded in the first place, your best bet would probibly be to send it back and get a new one, unless you want to re-tap the threads....

even retaping you would really need to go up in size because you will never have a good seal on a retapped hole with the same size barb. generally they drill the old tap out and retap the next size up. send it back. you paid for german precision, dont accept any less :p

I agree with the others, you should send it back to SNTsystems. It will gain you a brand spanking new unit in only a few days! :D

I apologize for the inconvenience, upon receipt of the reservoir I'll be sure to investigate as to what may have happened between my handling of the AGB2 reservoir and yours.

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
I agree with the others, you should send it back to SNTsystems. It will gain you a brand spanking new unit in only a few days! :D

I apologize for the inconvenience, upon receipt of the reservoir I'll be sure to investigate as to what may have happened between my handling of the AGB2 reservoir and yours.

-Dan

Thanks Dan :)

Back