stuck/dead red pixel

Draziom

Limp Gawd
i recieved my samsung 275tplus monitor and i noticed a stuck or dead red dot on the screen which i tried to remove but it doesnt work. any tips on how to remove it? when i put a blank white screen its a red dot. is that a dead or stuck pixel?

yep and there's nothing you can do about it, other than return it and get a replacement and hope that the new one doesn't have any dead pixels.

There are almost always at least one dead pixel in every LCD, almost always.

I think the tolerance is 3 pixels are allowed to be dead out of the factory....at leaast that is what I remember from the Planar training I had to go to....

dead/stuck pixels are a pain in the ass! buy-return buy-return buy-return. they need to make sure these monitors are mint before sending them out.

damn i recieved another samsung monitor with a stuck blue pixel this time. now i gotta return this one and exchange it for another. why does manufacturing defect happen i dont know. these stuck dead pixels are impossible to fix. and i wanted a nice clear screen with no spots and here i got another one.

With my experience with Dell (samsung panel) and the many returns to finally get one with 'only' one stuck red pixel and one subpixel stuck white(this was after one with entire bands stuck green and then one with enough stuck pixels to mimic a large constellation), I used to think defects were almost a fact of large LCDs. Until two LG 24" I ordered came in flawless.

My stuck red one is permanent, gave it every trick in the book to try and rid my panel of it and it just will not budge.

If i remember correctly, colored pixels are stuck pixels, dead ones are either white or black depending on the LCD technology.

on a black screen i see nothing, blue screen nothing, red screen i see a dark dot, a green screen also dark dot and a white if i look close up it looks like a blue dot. i tried everything to get rid of this but nothing helps. this next shipment back is gonna be RMA #3

Don't hold your breath. I did 3 RMA's and it took me all of them to get one where the stuck pixels weren't in the center of the screen. The one I have now is about a CM away from the right and is unnoticeable unless on a dark blue background.

such a beautiful LCD screen with a stuck or dead pixel drives me nuts. have you tried anything that would help? any techniques?

Back