• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stuck at 260fsb & corrupting HD?

matt fury

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 12, 2001
Messages
4,520
OK, so trying to find the max FSB for my new Epox 9npa+.. Multiplier at 5x, ram at DDR200. Running in-place ffts, 250fsb is fine, but 260fsb crashes instantly, and has corrupted the HD both times. OC Workbench claims 300fsb fine, right out of the box, and 260 is silly low anyway, so what am I doing wrong and what can I try to do to fix this?
 
Looks like I'm going to have to try that for the next run. Have to reinstall Windows again first.
 
Also check your RAM settings for compatability with the BIOS of the new board. Even with CPU and RAM that were stable at given settings on previous board/BIOS, your new BIOS may have hidden settings that dictate new RAM timings/settings.

For me, the 'acid test' is several error-free passes of Memtest86 Test#8.

Hope this helps!
 
I don't think your HD is actually corrupt. I know if I set something too high, it will give me an error message saying something is corrupt, but it actually isn't. If you set things back to your stock speeds, and it works, then that will show that nothing is actually corrupt.
 
No, I know that the HD is corrupt because when everything is reset it won't boot back into Windows, and the Windows install even hangs on "Detecting previous versions of Microsoft Windows." Only way to get around it was a format.
 
did you ever get this resolved?
Did you need a lower multi or what did you do?
I'm going to be using this same board to OC and I don't want to have to go through the hassle of multiple reloads.
 
Ooops, yeah, sorry. I think I posted the resolution in another thread.. I lowered the multi and it took care of the corruption issue. Pushed FSB up to 325 after that. :)
 
Back
Top