"Strong name validation" error -- Help!

TubeScreamerX

[H]ard|Gawd
I am cleaning up a friend's Dell computer, but I've run into an annoying problem that manifests as Windows loads up. These are the error messages I get, in this particular order:

tsx-strongname.jpg

tsx-debug.jpg

I've tried hitting either OK or Cancel, and it doesn't really help. If I hit Cancel, another error window pops up that looks like this:

tsx-debugger.JPG

Also, I get the same original error message for other files in the same directory, I think when those files are accessed by the operating system, such as:

tsx-strongname2.jpg

So I assumed this had something to do with the "Dell Support" software that all Dell machines come with. I tried to uninstall it, but I get the same errors, which prevent the uninstaller from finishing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
*arjun

you could just reformat it and not put any dell crap back on. this is why I don't like dell: they incorporate themselves into your PC as much as Microsoft does. its really annoying.

That is not an option, this is a client's computer. I fix computers, but apparently this one is being really annoying.

Actually I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework. Then I installed the .NET Service Pack, and the issue was resolved.

Back