Stripping down P.C.'s and selling parts questions..

AMDXP

2[H]4U
I'm just curious, I don't really know where to put this thread and want an estimate. I have to strip down old some p.c.'s I own, and get rid of them and was thinking of parting out the procs. But, I'm wondering if I should sell them or just pitch them. What would be a reasonable price if so for

AMDXP 2400+ Mobile

Intel PIII 933mhz

I was thinking like 10 dollars for each, without shipping included. :confused:

If this is against the rules, sorry!

P.S., who should I contact to dispose of the rest of the parts like the motherboard, etc? Also, how would you guys completely destroy a HDD? I live in the country and was just thinking of smashing them with a hammer then throwing them out.

You can't do price checks but honestly I would just keep it, always nice to look back in 10 years at the tech from the past.

You'll make more parting them out than trying to sell them whole. Nobody is looking to buy a PIII system, but there are some people out there who will spend a few bucks for a motherboard/cpu/whatever to go with parts they already have rather than build/buy entire systems.
eBay is probably going to be you best bet for parts of that era. There isn't much interest on enthusiast sites like this because most members have already moved on to newer components.

I had a bunch of old stuff like that to get rid of. I posted an ad in the for sale section and gave them away for the price of shipping. I guess some people want older hardware. ;)

I'm thinking of just keeping them. I kind of wish the Mobile AMD was king again........ oh well. Nostalgia. Do you guys know the proper way I should dispose of a computer, other than taking it out back to the woods and using it at a plinking target?

You need to search Google/Bing for a computer parts recycling "center" near you -- or you could use the "old fashioned recycling bins" known as eBay or Craigslist.

the FREE section in Craigslist gets tons of hits, and the stuff you described should be gone in less than 24 hrs. Wait for someone to take it all, don't waste your time with parting out the lot to certain people. Actually, I guess it all depends on your location; I'm in LA, so it was cake getting rid of the crap i couldn't sell, lol. If they're whole computers, donate them to goodwill. ;)

Back