I have created 1 array with 7x750GB's and 1x750Gb hot spare.
then i created 2X 2TB Raid5 logical disks in the raid config wizard and in Win xp i have created 2 "simple" volumes F: and G: based on the logical disks, but my initial plan was to create 1 large volume but I'm not sure if using the spanned or stripe option in win xp disk management will destroy the parity "security" in raid 5 or will it still work if using the striped/spanned option? (which one is the correct for this?)
I haven't been able to create a logical drive larger than 2 TB so that's my problem.
then i created 2X 2TB Raid5 logical disks in the raid config wizard and in Win xp i have created 2 "simple" volumes F: and G: based on the logical disks, but my initial plan was to create 1 large volume but I'm not sure if using the spanned or stripe option in win xp disk management will destroy the parity "security" in raid 5 or will it still work if using the striped/spanned option? (which one is the correct for this?)
I haven't been able to create a logical drive larger than 2 TB so that's my problem.