Hi I have a Striker Extreme motherboard running an Intel E6600 overclocked to 3.4 GHz. My memory is Gskill 4GB @ 450Mhz 4-3-3-5-15-2T. The FSB I have used is 1700 and the CPU Multiplier is 8. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 edition. Here are the overclocking voltages I have used.
CPU Core - 1.5Volts
1.2 VHT - 1.35
NB - 1.35
SB - [1.54]
Mem - 2.050
CPU VTT - [1.36]
Here is the problem I am having. Whenever I cold boot my computer CPU-z reads my cpu speed as 3200MHz, 1600MHz FSB and RAM at 800MHz with default timings (4-4-3-5-21-2T). However, System Properties shows the CPU Speed as 3.83GHz which means its running at 3.4GHz as Windows cant read the 8 multiplier and takes it as 9.
However, on a reboot, CPU-z shows the speed as 3.4GHz and whatever other settings I have used. Ocassinally though, on reboots, the speed goes back to 3.2. Whatever the speed it shows, the system is orthos stable. I have disabled Intel Speed step, etc. Only thing that is enabled is execute disable bit. All Spread Spectrum clocking is disabled as well.
Can someone help me with this problem? Any help as to why this is happening will be much appreciated.
CPU Core - 1.5Volts
1.2 VHT - 1.35
NB - 1.35
SB - [1.54]
Mem - 2.050
CPU VTT - [1.36]
Here is the problem I am having. Whenever I cold boot my computer CPU-z reads my cpu speed as 3200MHz, 1600MHz FSB and RAM at 800MHz with default timings (4-4-3-5-21-2T). However, System Properties shows the CPU Speed as 3.83GHz which means its running at 3.4GHz as Windows cant read the 8 multiplier and takes it as 9.
However, on a reboot, CPU-z shows the speed as 3.4GHz and whatever other settings I have used. Ocassinally though, on reboots, the speed goes back to 3.2. Whatever the speed it shows, the system is orthos stable. I have disabled Intel Speed step, etc. Only thing that is enabled is execute disable bit. All Spread Spectrum clocking is disabled as well.
Can someone help me with this problem? Any help as to why this is happening will be much appreciated.