I ran across a thread on another gaming forum. The OP is looking for what cards would be better for TF2. One posters in the thread is stressing FAB process over the actual performance of the card.
Here is the post:
"Only people that stress fab process know what theyre talking about
GTS 250 is built on 55nm
GTS 240 is built on 40 nm
GTS 250 is faster, but gives only about 80 percent of performance per watt.
So only me, and xyz are the only ones giving good advice.
I dont own either 5770 or 4770, i can guarentee you that 5770 isnt anywhere close to 50 percent better than 4770. If it was it would break the laws of physics (not physx)."
I have never seen anyone stress this for normal games. Sure I see this argument used for CPUs in servers, but for one GPU it doesn't apply as far I know that is what the trend follows.
I mean this guy is recommending a GT240 (pos gpu) over a 4770. The OP has the budget for that as well. Can anyone back up what this guy is saying?
Here is the post:
"Only people that stress fab process know what theyre talking about
GTS 250 is built on 55nm
GTS 240 is built on 40 nm
GTS 250 is faster, but gives only about 80 percent of performance per watt.
So only me, and xyz are the only ones giving good advice.
I dont own either 5770 or 4770, i can guarentee you that 5770 isnt anywhere close to 50 percent better than 4770. If it was it would break the laws of physics (not physx)."
I have never seen anyone stress this for normal games. Sure I see this argument used for CPUs in servers, but for one GPU it doesn't apply as far I know that is what the trend follows.
I mean this guy is recommending a GT240 (pos gpu) over a 4770. The OP has the budget for that as well. Can anyone back up what this guy is saying?