Stress Testing/Stability Testing - First Build

tmbroe01

n00b
I'm expecting my first build to arrive at my address shortly and I've read a lot about the importance of stress/stability testing a new computer build once it's all put together. Can anyone give me some good advice for stress/stability testing and computer monitoring programs out there?

So I ran a 1 hour test using OCCT and I encountered a slight issue. The test ran fine and declared my system stable. But afterwards my cpu clock (I'm running an E6750) was down to 2000 Mhz from 2666 MHz (the multiplier decreased from 8x to 6x). During the test my temperature never went above 61-62 degrees celcius. I was wondering if the cpu thermal monitor was causing it to throttle down, but it shouldn't do that if the temperature is only in the low 60's should it. Any help?

Enhanced Intel Speed-step Technology. While the CPU isn't being used, the system will lower the CPU multiplier and CPU voltage. Once the full power is needed, it will automatically adjust back to the max CPU multiplier and needed voltage. No need to disable this unless you're in the process of OC'ing. In which case, its good to have off until you get a stable system at the settings you want. Afterwards, you can re-enable it.

Back