• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stress Test Video Card

StarsFan4Life

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
472
I just recently built a new system:

* Cooler Master Elite 330
* Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G motherboard
* AMD Phenom II Quad 940 Black Editon - Stock cooling
* 8GB G-Skill PC2-6400
* XFX Radeon 4870 1GB
* Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA II
* Onboard LAN/HD Audio
* Antec Earthwatts 650wt psu
* Logitech DiNovo Keyboard
* Logitech MX Revolution Mouse
* 2 X Yate Loon 120mm silent case fans
* 2 X Dell 23" S2309 W @ 1900 x 1080
* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit and all updates
* DirectX 10 installed

I have download and ran memtest for 2 days straight. No problems there at all. Next I want to stress test my cpu using Prime95 but really want to stress test the video card so I can make sure it's not damaged. Do you guys prefer ATI tool or Futuremark software? I tried PCMark09 on Windows 7 and after the first test, it crapped out on me.

Which version of the ATI Tools should I use? (version)
 
I have not been able to use Furmark on my system. It crashes each and every time. This has happened the last 3 releases including the latest (1.7).
 
Crashes on me too, which is why i just use crysis benchmarks to test for stability... Nothing more will tax my machine anyhow.
 
Furmark can kill ATi cards. There is no purpose to running Furmark or OCCT, because they make the video card run far, far hotter than any game ever will, by using methods which would never occur in gameplay.
 
Back
Top