Stress Test Quad Core Advise

Da Man

Gawd
Getting read to start overclocking my p5b deluxe + q6600. Been out of the loop a while, and I don't know a good program to stress test all 4 cores at once as I slowly bump up the speed.

I used to use prime95, but the program won't let me open more than 1 copy at a time..

Whats the most brutal pure cpu torture I can loop on my CPU and make sure it is not failing any of the calculations (which is why I liked prime95).

Once I am sure the CPU is good at the level.. I figure just a few runs of 3dmark or something to make sure the ram is still doing okay, not sure of a good way to test ram either ;/

Running 2 copies now. Orthos is seeming stupid.

1 copy puts 1 thread on core 1, 1 thread on core 2.

2nd copy puts 1 thread on core 2, 1 thread on core 1.

So with 2 running.. only stressing 2 cores ;/

edit - I think I made it work by set affinity.. forced one to cpu 0 and 1.. other to cpu 2 and 3.

Yes set affinity like that. Orthos itself can't do it, but you can set the threads manually to other cores.

saw OCCT mentioned on another fourm.. it plus speedfan seems to be doing all 4 cores nicely.. also gives me a nice graph.

This stock heatsink is pretty crappy lol. Cores are between 75-85C under load. Should drop quite a bit when I stap the thermalright ultra 120 extreme on... (still have retail on.. gonna stap on the ultra 120 then start OCing).

My cores are weird in that 2 of them are at 75C, 2 of them are at 85C. Hopefully the hotness of those 2 don't hold me back too bad.

I really want to see how far you clock this, as I'm considering one if they break the 3.2ghz barrier.

Back