Streaming video through 360 or ps3?

Dome

2[H]4U
I recently got a ps3 and haven't gotten a chance to use it much.

I previously had TVersity setup to stream through my 360, before i had to reformat my computer. my big issue was there often seemed to be lag and it was VERY difficult to get it to respond. for instance connecting the 360 and pc would be fine, i could navigate to the folder i wanted, but once i got inside, picking the video would take forever, if it happened at all.

the screen would just lock up, and then, a minute or so later, either the selection would record all of my button presses (like a cheap DVR) or say it lost the connection.

my question is should i bother giving it a shot with my ps3 hoping for better results or bother with transferring the files i want to watch onto the harddrive of the ps3 itself?

PS3 + PS3MediaServer works VERY well. It will also stream well to the 360 if you feel the need. PM me if you need help with Cinavia.

Another vote for trying PS3 Media Server. It's about the easiest thing to set up ever...way easier than TVersity in my opinion. Unlike the name suggests, it actually works very well with the XB360.

TVersity has been all over the map with the verisions supporting thing and then not supporting them.

PS3 MS is muchhhh better.

PS3MediaServer is awesome! I've tried just about every media server out there and it's by far the best. Plus it's dead simple to setup and use

Awesome thing about PS3MS, is the automatic transcoding of MKV. If only Sony would support it natively .........

Back