Streaming to PS 3 help (searched for an hour)

Hey all...
Was wondering if this was possible. I will use specifics so you know all the info :) (be nice, it's for the wife lol)

I want ot stream "For the Love of RayJ 2" episodes on my computer from the VH-1 site, and have my PS3 pick them up to display on my tv.
For whatever reason, the PS 3 will go to the site, but will not play the episodes. I am somewhat competent on the computer, but way new to the PS3. I just bought the 160g PS3, and it is connected wirelessly through my router. As for the computer, connection is Modem > Router > Computer connected by ethernet cable. The computer is new and updated to Windows 7 as of last night.

Should my PS3 be able to play the stuff from the site, and if so, what am I doing wrong. Or is it possible to use my PS3 as an antenae to pick up the streaming video from my computer? Do I need a wireless card in the computer? I have no idea how to get this to work, so any help would be awesome.

Google for PS3 Media Server. Will do the trick.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

lol cool thanks, I will give this a shot when I get home, No idea why this hasn't come up in any of my searches. Thanks a ton

I don't have any firsthand experience with PS3, but there's also PlayOn for media streaming (via your PC).

I've never checked out PS3 Media Server, but I may have to look at it now. At my place we've had great results using TVersity. Might want to check that out too. Always good to have different options :D.

well... I have grabbed both TVersity and PS3 Media Server. And so far the TVersity works really well, but there are limited things it will show even with the pro membership.
If anyone has the time, I can't figure out how ps3 Media Server works :( I have it installed on my comp, and the PS3 can see it, but how do you get stream videos through it? Can anyone explain please?

Back