Streaming Radio...

TUKIN18S

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
402
I thought I would ask in this forum first. What are some good streaming rock stations on the web. I'm looking for a station that plays System of a Down, Godsmack, Metallica, Rage, etc. I also like some classic rock mixed in. HELP ME OUT!!

Thanks
 
Are there any streaming radio stations that play music at a reasonable bitrate? The best that I normally see is 128kbits. Shit, even my girlfriend complained that Yahoo's streaming music 'sounded funny' :D
 
upstream bandwidth is expensive. That said, I'd pay to listen to a Radioparadise 192kbps Ogg stream.

[edit]

A premium stream is still in the planning stages, & isn't likely to happen immediately. It would be in addition to the regular free stream - not a replacement for it - and would include all of the announcements, with the exception of fundraising blurbs.

We're looking at either 160k MP3 or 128k AAC for the stream, so it would be a definite step up in quality from the 128k MP3 stream - though the difference might not be noticeable unless you have really great speakers or "golden ears".

http://radioparadise.com/modules.ph...c&t=4181&sid=64ebf66f7f0852aa87119bf9a0089faa
 
Anyone know of the feasibility of a VBR broadcast for streaming radio?

Barring that, anyone know if ABR is possible? That would certainly increase the sound quality and still give predictably results.

Frankly, I wouldn't pay for any sort of online/downloadable music unless it's lossless. I'm not paying the same price for a CD to lose functionality, quality, and the nice cover art =]
 
Back
Top