Streaming PC Setup

Mulldaddy

n00b
Hi, I have a AMD Fx 6300 processor with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card and 8gb of DDR4 RAM. I am having trouble getting a quality stream even at 720p. I cant play high motion games like counter-strike and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds because the frame rate dips drastically and the graphics suck. Any ideas? My internet connection is very good ( 57 download, 63 upload)

Long story short, a hardware upgrade is needed. Really, the whole system, cpu/mobo/ram and graphics. You might try going from 8gb (you have ddr3 not 4) to 16gb, as thats only about $50-60 if just buying one extra stick of ram but that is probably not enough.

I am also need any suggestion about this. I have an i3 proc, 8GB RAM, RX 480 VGA, and also 10Mbps internet speed. I never get good quality everytime I stream on twitch. Can anyone help? Thanks

You need a hardware upgrade across the board.

Think if it like this, your PC needs to be able to play whatever game you are playing, at the resolution and graphics level you "want" or are ok with, while the video and audio is being encoded (I'll assume software given the hardware you listed) and streamed.

You could have a Gigabit fiber connection and it would be worth a damn if you hardware cannot carry the load.

I would generally advise you at least upgrade the gpu (to something like a gtx 1060/1070), but realistically your processor will be a bottle neck, so you will probably need a processor, motherboard and ram upgrade as well.

Back