• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Streaming my mp3's

boycee

Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2001
Messages
735
I have Itunes at home with all my cd's and bought mp3's on at home.

Is there anyway I can have them streamed or listen to them from a remote computer via the internet. Sure I could use an mp3 player, but is there a way I can do it via the web? Something like 56k rates.?
 
You can try the free & opensource Slim Server ( http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html - note that they sell a SqueezeBox device for $249 but the software is free ), but I'm not positive if it can recompress an MP3 file to a specific data-rate on the fly. It does support decoding/recoding WMA into MP3, and possibly AAC files from iTunes in a similar fashion, so it may be the solution you're looking for.

The stream it produces works with WinAmp / Windows Media Player / iTunes and pretty much any player that supports an MP3 music stream. There is also a web-app that lets you manage the playlists online, password-protect streams, etc.
 
Back
Top