Streamer Accidentally Breaks Tetris World Record

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. This time luck won out and a streamer trying to break the 100 line clearing world record in Tetris made a simple little mistake and then realized by doing so that he broke an entirely different record. However, the next day his skill won out and he ended up setting the new 100 line clearing record after all. Watch his old-school skills in the video below.

Watch the video here.

"That was a fast 300,000" he says casually, before checking his Twitch comments and then realising that yeah, it was a fast 300,000. Fast enough to earn him the world record for hitting the score in under two minutes, in fact.

He's good. Best I ever did was something like 250 lines but I started at level 0. Got the shuttle launch though! This was on the gameboy version.

al-bundy.gif

When he reads the chat!!! I love that people are still playing these old games, and that was mesmerizing to see.

When he reads the chat!!! I love that people are still playing these old games, and that was mesmerizing to see.

...some games have unique longevity :)
Doom is still being played and I still have a rubicks cube around. With so many versions of tetris, I doubt that it will ever really go away. I heard that it is also being used as a programming skills project. Program a tetris version and you pass the course.

Glad you liked the video.

That's the angriest reaction I've ever seen to a win.

I wonder how he'd react to winning the lottery :D

Back