Stream video from PC to TV wirelessly?

idyll

n00b
Is it possible to stream what's on my screen on my PC to my TV wirelessly?

I understand it's possible to stream certain types of movie files through the Xbox 360, PS3, Apple TV, etc. but I am looking for a way to stream flash in my browser on my PC to my TV - wirelessly.

Thanks!

what type of flash are you looking to stream? Just hulu/netflix or something more specific?

You need to be more specific. How do you mean "wirelessly to my TV". You're going to need something connected to your TV somewhere that will feed it video (ie a laptop/htpc). You need to tell us exactly what you want to accomplish and what hardware you have.

krupted - I believe that is it.

To be honest, this is not for me but for a client of mine. They are European and watch their country's live TV stream through Real Player (and sometimes Flash) in their browser. Not Hulu or Netflix.

They have been hooking their laptop up to their TV using an HDMI cable, but have seen the Windows 7 / Best Buy commercials touting the new Windows 7 feature that allows you to see a mirror image of what is on your laptop computer but on your TV screen - wirelessly.

So basically, the only hardware they have is a laptop and a TV and want to know what hardware they need to buy in order to use their TV as a mirror of their laptop screen.

thats it right there ryken, i came here to link that same one. at least its a complete solution- audio, hdmi and vga. it should have an outstanding lifespan, it souldnt go outdated for a couple decades im guessing.

i have seen hacks where people take these and hook them to 7" monitors, so you get portable video... i was thinking about taking a small thin touchscreen, adding this and battery, to create a real touchscreen remote. one that just mirrors the desktop. the only part i dont like would be the extra cpu load, but you can always turn the screen off whenever. it would have to be thin and lightweight though, would be tricky.

Back