stream network video?

P3N1X0R

Gawd
first if this post belongs in the network forum plz move it

basically what im trying to do it i have a lil setup @ home.

main server has ethernet and wireless

i have a client downstairs wireless linked to my server, and i just play my movies and videos over the network using media player classic.

ive been experimenting with videoLAN and i like the way i can setup a playlist and stream it. but i want to be on my wireless client downstairs and just connect to a stream and be able to pick what i want, kinda like a playlist. which is what i did with videoLAN but it plays, and if i stop it on the serer it stops it on the client. see i want the client to have full control of the stream, ie i can stop and play and skip to another file in a playlist on the client machine. which i guess is redundant and i should resort to doubleclicking my media files to play i guess right?

any software out there that i can do that with? btw im using win2k3 server standard edition.

im also using the windows media streaming server, but it wont let me stream AVI;s or MPEGS or whatnot, just their formats and mp3...any way around this?

*bump*

*updater*

so ive installed windows media streaming server. and im having trouble making it read avi files. and other media...meh, the search continues today

Why don't you just create a share with all the media you want shared on the server, then stream different files individually from the client?

i have made a share, and ive resortred to streaming individual files.

i installed MCE on my pc there, but when i make MCE go fullscreen it goes black, no display, but it runs fine in a window. and when i use WMP10 to play my media it wont play right, or itll just skip like hell..

ive gone back to using media player classic, and all is well 110% streaming fine. its just frustrating, as id like to use MCE and do i tthat way, but whatever.

the MCE pc is using a gf4 ti 4200, i forget which drivers, but the MCE drivers from nvidia dont support my card, even tho it says it is. its not in the drivert package. also i forget which set of drivers, but after a certin driver #, like 77.56 or so it wont display properly to the tv. i get crazy distortion, so im stuck usin those drivers but meh its ok now i can WATCh my movies and shows just fine streaming just by opening the file in media pl;ayer classic.

Back