• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stream Audio Through My Audigy 2

Skrying

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
2,851
I was wondering if I could possibly stream audio from my file server to my main gaming computer. Also, would this cut down load on the gaming computer? I'm mainly asking this because when I play CS:S and have Winamp up it causing there to be some lag.
 
Skrying said:
I was wondering if I could possibly stream audio from my file server to my main gaming computer. Also, would this cut down load on the gaming computer? I'm mainly asking this because when I play CS:S and have Winamp up it causing there to be some lag.

Try changing output to directsound from default of waveout. And turn on hardware accel in directsound settings also under that output plugin area. I remember before my a64 upgrade i still kind of had less fps with winamp on but not with this setup! :p
 
I'll try that.

Its not my rig, I run an A64 at 2.4ghz with 1gig of ram and a 9800 Pro at 451 core. So I doubt its that, could be something else, I'll see if this helps, thanks for the reply.
 
Back
Top