• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Streacom FC10 Question

fminus

n00b
Joined
Oct 27, 2015
Messages
51
Heyya,

I am a sucker for well designed cases that are aesthetically pleasing. I came across the FC10 and thought it would be a great project to work on.

Fortunately, with a SFX Psu i think you can cram more in there than originally planned on. I put together a mockup based on what i would like to do:

vpcbNwQ.jpg


The Streacom can take a CPU with a max TDP of 95W. I would like to throw a 6700/6700K in there. To deal with thermals I would most likely drill holes underneath the GPU and throw a fan in there.


Questions:

- The case is designed to lay horizontal. On the Streacom website they show a photo of heat dissipation going from the sides up. Will the heat be affected while it stands vertical? I would like not to burn down my house ;)


I think this might work as a guy did it here with a GTX950.

What does everyone think about this?
 
There is likely to be a slight reduction in cooling performance, but If you mount it vertically, make sure the heatsink side which you are using for cooling is at the top of the case, not the bottom resting on the table.
 
Back
Top