Strangely empty Programs and Features list on fresh laptop?

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a Lenovo Yoga Book, Windows 10 edition. I went to check if there's any pre-installed stuff I don't need, and.... the list of installed programs is actually really short! To the point that it seems wrong:

Programs_Features_list.png

How can this be? It seems that things have got to be missing here. For example, this computer also has the standard "Intel HD Graphics" control software (accessible via system tray). Surely that program had to have been installed in order to be there, right? So how can it be absent from this list?

Edit: Just thought of another example: there's a "Realtek HD Audio Manager" software, also accessible from system tray. Again, how can it be absent from this list?

The items you are describing are drivers which will be automatically installed by Windows (unless you disable it). So yeah, some of it might not appear in there.

You can also check Settings under Apps->Apps & Features to see the rest of what is installed.

They're not just drivers, though. They're examples of actual software. You know, where you launch an application and you can change settings and stuff. Like this thing:

GUID-542490FF-E3DE-4E0B-9901-8067135FD358-low.jpg
(Thumbnail)

Is that thing automatically installed by Windows?

Yes, I completely and fully understand what you are saying.

Without knowing how the software was installed I can't comment for sure. If you are really that worried about it, go into device manager and uninstall everything and make sure you check the box to delete driver. Then reboot and let Windows update the drivers again.

Back