• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Strange XFire performance in WIC

Gnasher

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
1,140
I ran World in Conflict benchmark test twice with exact same results in single GPU and dual GPU mode and here are my results.

single GPU:
avg = 89 min = 44 max = 333

dual GPU:
avg = 101 min = 47 max = 300

Why is the max in dual GPU mode lower than single GPU? ATI driver is throttling due to a heat issue or what?

I also benchmarked in Farcry2, Furmark and FEAR and none of those exhibited any such issue.

This is on 2x5870 with 11.2 drivers.
 
That's not the issue though, my CPU is OC to 3.8ghz from 2.6GHZ already. The benchmark for max FPS went down by 33 points when using dual GPU. My average frame rate is 22 points higher though. Weird, no?
 
We usually throw max fps out the window. What we really want to look at is min and avg frame rates, and yours are up 3 and 12, so there is some scaling. But it's still terrible. :p
 
Yea, I see it varies quite a bit depending on the game. In FEAR I got a massive increase from 402>762max FPS. In Farcry2 it was only 15fps max and 10fps average difference. Still, it is better than if I had paid more and bought a 6970 because from the benches I saw there is not enough of a dif to warrant the upgrade cost from a 5870.
 
Back
Top