Strange X1900XTX Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

FighterAce124

Supreme [H]ardness
Recently, my X1900XTX card has been giving some small problems. When I shut down for the night, everything is working great. I turn the computer on in the morning, everything is fine until it gets to the Windows log-in screen. It - This is hard to explain - lines appear on the screen (alternating places), and it moves slightly down or up, I am unable to move the mouse, and any audio cuts out. It does that for about 3 seconds. Then for the next 3 seconds, all is well. And it goes like that, 3 seconds messed up, 3 seconds normal. I re-install the drivers, and that fixes it. I don't want to be re-installing drivers every day.. :( And sometimes it randomly happens when I'm playing a game or browsing forums..

So the question is - any idea what could be causing it? This has happened with two driver sets - Cat 6.10 and Cat 7.1, from the official site. And yes, I have reformatted completely, was hoping that would fix it. It did fix it for 2 days :(

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515mpOynkDc

might not be the best, but might help...

:( Nobody has any ideas? I'll try and get a video next time it happens, it just did it again.. Updated with video.

I moved over to the 7.1cat Omega drivers, and the problem seems to have stopped for the time being, hopefully this will be a permanent fix.

Problems shortly after I posted earlier, I completely removed everything and did an official driver re-install, without CCC. Will know tomorrow morning if it works or not.

Nope.. I guess I'll just have to keep installing the drivers every day, or take out the lit fans in my case so I don't have to turn it off :( Maybe the next driver release will fix it..

Do you have a spare hard drive you can slap in there just to try a fresh install of Windows with the same driver to see if it still does it? That would be my next step if I completely believed it was a software problem.

If reformats, reinstalling drivers dont work then I think there is something wrong with your video card. I would consider RMAing. Another option is to try a different video card to eliminate your other hardware as a possibility for it causing the error.

It is some form of a hardware problem, but nowhere near big enough of n issue to bother me. It only happens when the card is having to output to my second monitor. If I shut off/disconnect my second monitor, it stops freaking out and works flawlessly. I'll have to pick up a cheap PCI card for the second monitor.

Problem fixed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back